Out of Province Vehicle Inspections
Out Of Province Inspections (OOP)
At Vegreville Ford, we take pride in providing quality out of province inspections completed at our licensed facility by highly qualified and licensed Journeymen Technicians.
Upon arrival to Alberta
You will require an OOP(Out of Province Inspection) within 90 days prior to being able to register your vehicle. This is to ensure all vehicles on Alberta roads meet the high standard of safety set out by the Government of Alberta Transportation division. Vegreville Ford is able to complete an OOP on any Make or Model of vehicle.
As the vehicle owner, you will first need an Out of Province request form. Forms can be purchased for a small fee, at any Alberta Registry such as Hi-Way Registries here in Vegreville. Once you obtain the form, call/text us to book an appointment for your inspection. Typically, OOP inspections will take 2 hours. The cost of the inspection is $280.00.
During this inspection, our technicians will thoroughly inspect components such as:
- Windshield and all glass condition (front window tint not allowed)
- Diagnostic health check (scan all systems for any dtc’s or fault codes)
- Interior components such as horn operation, HVAC controls, sun visors, seats and seatbelts, pedal assemblies, etc.
- All lights will be checked to ensure OEM spec and proper operation.
- Exterior checks of general body condition, bumpers, fuel cap, etc.
- Condition of hood latch and prop rod, battery, drive belts, fuel system, intake and exhaust manifolds, any fluid leaks, etc.
- All steering and suspension components such as tie rods, control arms, ball joints, shocks/struts, rack and pinion, etc.
- Tires will be checked to ensure they are over 3/32, matching type of tire and of the same size with no abnormal wear or cracking.
- Brake system checked for any cracking or leaks, brake pad or shoe wear must be over 2mm in good condition, brake drum/rotor condition and thickness, and confirm park brake is in good working order.
- Under vehicle will be checked for corrosion to structural components, body damage, drive shaft or axle condition, drivetrain component mounts, fuel and exhaust system.
If for any reason your vehicle does not meet the OOP guidelines, an estimate will be provided for required work. Of Course, Vegreville Ford would be happy to complete any required work for you, but you are free to take you vehicle to any shop of your choice for this. Once work is complete, a re-inspection is required by Alberta Law.
Book Your Inspection Now